RCF Financial Assistance
Financial Aid - Monetary Grant
We know that cancer treatment for your pet is costly and can create financial hardship. If your household income is below $50,000 per year and you are struggling and need help, you may apply online for financial assistance.
Based on your resources and the projected cost of care, RCF may elect to offer you financial aid to cover a portion of your pet’s cancer treatment. This is outright financial aid, not a loan, and does not have to be repaid.
All financial aid money MUST be sent directly to the veterinarians or holistic/ homeopathic specialist(s) treating your pet. All veterinarians and specialists to whom we will send financial aid money on your behalf MUST be identified in your financial aid application. As part of the financial aid award process, RCF will prequalify them to receive money on your behalf.
RCF reserves the right to revoke financial funding due to non-compliance of the terms of the application agreement.
RCF may offer you matching funds. RCF will match the money you raise on your own on a dollar-for-dollar basis up to an agreed upon maximum amount.
- We encourage you to fundraise on your own for your pet's treatment costs and you may find some helpful fundraising ideas on the FUNDRAISING IDEAS portion of our website.
- You may send the donations you collect to us if your donors are expecting a proper tax credit and you do not want to report the donation as income. Your donors should specify the donation is for your pet so the amount is sent to the fund in your name. All matching fund donations, including the portion you have raised on your own through the RiedelCody.org website, will be sent directly to the veterinarians or holistic/homeopathic specialists identified in your approved financial aid application.
- We cannot issue checks directly to you, the pet's owner. Only those funds donated and sent to directly to RCF are tax-deductible charitable contributions under our 501c3 status. All donations become the property of RCF and must be used for the pet's cancer care.
- Please review the terms of your financial aid carefully so that you understand what the funding can be used for and what it cannot be used for. While RCF will, to the extent possible, honor requests to help a particular pet, if the donations received by RCF for a particular pet exceed the treatment costs, or if the pet has passed away, or for other reasons it is deemed prudent by the Board of Directors, the funds will become part of the general fund of RCF and then become available for financial aid for other pets with cancer.
- Any remaining funds following completion of treatment are not refundable to the pet owner or to the donor(s). All funds you raise privately that you wish to include as part of our offer to match funds must be paid directly to:
The Riedel and Cody Fund
48 Main Street
Old Saybrook, CT 06475
- First read through our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: FAQ for common questions regarding funding.
- Next review the GRANT PROCESS TIMELINE to make sure the timing will work for your pet's care.
- Fill in our GRANT REQUEST ONLINE FORM to begin the application process.
- Download the application for funding provided in the Grant Request Form and complete all information requested.
What Do We Ask of You?
If you qualify and receive financial aid from RCF, we ask that you:
- "Like" us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share updates with your friends.
- Promote The Riedel & Cody Fund as much as possible. It is through donations to our organization that we are able to continue helping other pets.
- Consider volunteering to help other families through the cancer treatment process for their pet.
- Fundraise for our non-profit so we can help many more people struggling with the costs of cancer treatments.